Who We Are?
Voice from the north
ZambeziCurrent, is inspired by the spectacular scenes of the sun kissing the mighty Zambezi river witnessed almost on a daily bases by the people of the Northern part of Zimbabwe. It is a platform to share heartwarming, sad, inspiring and interesting stories from that part of the country.
The blog will cover success stories, investigative stories and general interest stories on the following:
- Wildlife (poaching, human-wildlife conflict, animal profiling)
- Culture (History of the Nambya and Tonga people, practices)
- Climate Change (Impact on livelihoods and copping mechanisms)
- Environmental Protection (Farming techniques, mining impact, Service delivery)
- Social (Gender Based Violence, LGBTQ issues, Lifestyle)
Some of the stories will be supported by videos which will be posted on our YouTube channel Zambezi Current.
The greater purpose of the blog is to campaign for the acceleration of intervention efforts in improving the environmental management in and around the province of Matabeleland North, Zimbabwe.
We also appreciate your support towards this important cause. You are free to donate via Paypal by using email@example.com